“Hey team, does this swirly font work with my design?”
That’s a question you can’t ask an online course!
You can learn pretty much anything on the internet, and there are many ways of doing so.
Our digital skills course are instructor-led, ideally in-person (aka real-life) but also via video conferencing. This offers distinct benefits over what could be called a self-led online learning experience achieved by watching videos or ticking off chapters of a structured course.
Some benefits of instructor-led learning are:
- By nature a planned experience, which encourages commitment.
- Tutors are aware of a learner’s level and can mould / advance training accordingly with specific instruction on the fly.
- Bouncing ideas, collaboration and brainstorming is very much possible in the moment; relationship building between learners can spark business ideas.
- Bespoke learning experiences are possible; learning can be carefully shaped around goals and aims. For example, creating a small business or startup website with the founder / other stakeholders.
- Not quite as easy to check Facebook or Twitter during learning time!
- Can operate as a more traditional style of learning which suits some people better, especially those lacking basic computer skills.