Essential Digital Skills Training
Apps & tools
Learn entry-level digital skills
Entry-level digital skills are the basic functional skills required to make use of digital devices and online applications. They are widely considered a critical component of a new set of literacy skills in the digital era, along with traditional reading, writing and numeracy.
The UK Government has created the Essential Digital Skills Framework, which defines the digital skills adults need to safely benefit from, participate in and contribute to the digital world.
The framework for these skills – sometimes called baseline digital skills or essential digital skills – sets out 5 categories of essential digital skills for life and work:
- handling information and content
- transacting, e.g. online shopping/banking
- being safe and legal online
We offer Essential Digital Skills Training in Leeds for all ages and abilities.
More knowledge incoming!
We're passionate about the apps and software that we teach and we hope to pass some of that on to you.
These skills can make you powerful so, to make your training more of a learner journey, we'll send you a hand-picked book relevant to your chosen discipline when you sign up for at least 6 hours of training.
Who is this training for?
- Have little or no prior experience of using digital devices (computers, laptops, tablets) or the internet, who wish to garner digital skills for specific work, life or study purposes.
- Require help providing information to financial institutions, government agencies and utility companies.
- Would like to connect online and communicate with family, friends and colleagues who live at a distance.
What's covered in this course?
How to: turn on a device and navigate your desktop / home screen. Create and edit files. Use the internet. Compose and send emails. Shop safely online
Will I get a certificate?
Absolutely, but only if you want one. You will be provided with a certificate of attendance and we can optionally add specific achievements and skills learned to the parchment.
Our training is dynamic so we reduce time spent learning tools or techniques that are irrelevant to your chosen path unless they are fundamental to the software and best practice workflow. That's why, for now, we don't issue one-size-fits-all certificates.
What will I need for remote training?
- A stable internet connection.
- For Adobe training, a full or trial version of the relevant Adobe app(s) installed on your desktop or laptop computer.
- For free software like Inkscape, GIMP or Scribus, a full version of the relevant app(s) installed on your desktop or laptop computer.
- For shared video display with remote control access: Google Meet and Google Remote Desktop.
Your Digital Skills Training
Dynamic curriculum shaped around chosen course, skill level and individual or group goals.
Option to bring a buddy to your first lesson, maybe a workmate or family member – get ‘em involved!
Flexible scheduling – lessons are valid for up to one year after purchase.
Free hand-picked, hard-copy book relevant to your chosen digital skill set.
All tuition, follow-ups, skills and employment mentoring comes from local digital skills experts.
Book your digital skills course
Please select how many learners will be attending the training, how much time you would like to book and whether the training will be remote or in-person / onsite.
After you have completed checkout you will be given the option of: scheduling date(s) and time(s) for your digital skills training.
Please note the free 30 minute consultation can only be selected as a remote option.