Skills and digital marketing for business and entrepreneurs
Apps & tools
When it comes to startups and small business we cover quite a bit of ground so we’ve listed many of our most popular topics on this course page.
The 30 minute meet will be particularly useful for those who know what they want to achieve but are unsure about exactly what tools and further assistance they need to get there. We hear this a lot during our work for Digital Boost and it’s rewarding for us to give people a base on which to build to build their business or organisation.
Microsoft Office training
- Basic / intermediate Microsoft Word training
- Basic Microsoft Excel training
- Basic / intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint training
- Basic Microsoft Sharepoint training
Adobe Creative Cloud
Business & entrepreneurship
- Help with corporate presentations
- Pitch deck design advice
- Branding and logo tips
- Mailchimp / email newsletters (email marketing training)
- How to setup a Google Business account and make the most of it
- Website design training (Wix websites / Wordpress websites)
- E-commerce website design (WooCommerce)
- Help with buying domain names, website hosting and email hosting
- Digital marketing course
- SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) - what is it and how you can improve your search rank
- Branding and logo design
- Canva Pro training for effective social media campaigns
- Apple Pages training for page layout design
Basic digital skills
- How to navigate around Mac Finder / Windows File Explorer
- Using email
- Video calls (Zoom, Skype, Teams), sharing screens for meetings
- Google Drive / Dropbox / OneDrive cloud storage
- How to use word processing software and create text documents
- How to create basic spreadsheets and use automatic calculations; Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets training
- Image manipulation, image retouching
More knowledge incoming!
We're passionate about the apps and software that we teach and we hope to pass some of that on to you.
These skills can make you powerful so, to make your training more of a learner journey, we'll send you a hand-picked book relevant to your chosen discipline when you sign up for at least 6 hours of training.
Who is this training for?
- SMB owners and employees.
- Marketing professionals who would like to extend their skill set.
- Individuals looking to learn a fun new hobby!
What's covered in this course?
Please see the course description for a full list of possibilities too long to list in here!
Will I get a certificate?
Absolutely, but only if you want one. You will be provided with a certificate of attendance and we can optionally add specific achievements and skills learned to the parchment.
Our training is dynamic so we reduce time spent learning tools or techniques that are irrelevant to your chosen path unless they are fundamental to the software and best practice workflow. That's why, for now, we don't issue one-size-fits-all certificates.
What will I need for remote training?
- A stable internet connection.
- For Adobe training, a full or trial version of the relevant Adobe app(s) installed on your desktop or laptop computer.
- For free software like Inkscape, GIMP or Scribus, a full version of the relevant app(s) installed on your desktop or laptop computer.
- For shared video display with remote control access: Google Meet and Google Remote Desktop.
Lesson pathway suggestions
We’ve put these lesson pathways here to give you an idea of what kind of stuff you could create during your training. Whatever you choose to do, the fundamental skills that you learn along the way can be applied to a multitude of projects.
If you have a specific project you would like to apply your training to you can add details at checkout or let us know via email or phone.
Your Digital Skills Training
Dynamic curriculum shaped around chosen course, skill level and individual or group goals.
Option to bring a buddy to your first lesson, maybe a workmate or family member – get ‘em involved!
Flexible scheduling – lessons are valid for up to one year after purchase.
Free hand-picked, hard-copy book relevant to your chosen digital skill set.
All tuition, follow-ups, skills and employment mentoring comes from local digital skills experts.
Book your digital skills course
Please select how many learners will be attending the training, how much time you would like to book and whether the training will be remote or in-person / onsite.
After you have completed checkout you will be given the option of: scheduling date(s) and time(s) for your digital skills training.
Please note the free 30 minute consultation can only be selected as a remote option.
Please see the price matrix to find out how our pricing structure works.
Do you need a mixture of in-person / onsite <-> remote? Easily done! We can create a bespoke costing depending on:
- What your goals and objectives are (thus how many hours are needed).
- Your budget.
- How many learners will be taking part.
- The location of the training. We charge less if we do the training remotely over video call due to reduced travel time and equipment use.
Hardware and software
We have two fast MacBook Pro laptops that learners can use. You may feel more comfortable learning on your own machine with your own preferences. Either is fine by us, just let us know if you would like us to bring anything.
Software / apps
At any one time we have access to a certain amount of Adobe Creative Cloud licenses but please check with us, especially if the number of learners is high. The same applies to Microsoft Office licenses. As with hardware, if you already have your machine setup with the required software just let us know. We have a list of free and open-source alternatives to mainstream apps – please ask for more details.
Charities and community organisations
As a social enterprise we may be able to offer extra discounts to charities, community interest companies, social enterprises and other community-focused organisations. Please get in touch to discuss.
|Number of learners||Number of hours||Block booking discount||In-person, onsite price||Remote / video call price|